This is Mark's favorite side dish to make and it is really delicious. The simplest things always are. The spinach leaves get slightly crispy and wilted in garlic oil. This has become a real go-to side dish for almost any dinner that we make. I especially like it with chicken and pork. The best part is that it comes together so quickly that we can throw it on the stove any weeknight and we have a healthy, tasty vegetable dish. In other news, I am planning a little vacation to Amsterdam, Brussels, and Bruges in a few weeks and I am on the prowl for amazing places to eat and fun things to do. The last time I was in Amsterdam was for a college field hockey team trip. We played a bunch of games and saw a bunch of sights, but we ate at places like the Hard Rock Cafe...not exactly a culinary adventure. I can't wait to do it right this time. If you have any suggestions for any of those three cities, send them my way at email@example.com. Have a great weekend!
Crispy Garlic and Spinach
3 garlic cloves
3 cups baby spinach leaves
salt and pepper
1. Chop the garlic into rough slices.
2. Roughly chop the spinach leaves into large pieces.
3. Put 1 Tbs. oil in a non-stick pan on medium high heat. Add the garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and saute for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the spinach leaves and mix around until well combined with the garlicky oil.
5. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and allow to cook for 5-6 minutes until the leaves are wilted and crispy. You should continue to shake the pan around or move the spinach with a spatula so that the garlic doesn't scorch.
Serve with dinner and enjoy.