Thursday, May 20, 2010

Swordfish Tacos

In honor of the first nice day in what feels like ages (real time: 3 days) I felt that a celebration was in order. Plus, I need to get myself in the mood for the beach. I don’t t know about you, but when I am thinking sun, sand, and waves, there is nothing that calls out to me like grilled seafood. Once the craving takes hold, it has a mind of its own and I think it best not to interfere. As such, I give you swordfish tacos. They are meaty and satisfying, but chock full of fresh veggies and flavor. This is enough for 4 tacos and I think that serves 2 people.


Swordfish Tacos
Ingredients:
1 swordfish steak (you could substitute another meaty fish - swordfish was on sale and I love it)
1 red pepper
1 white onion
1 bunch cilantro
2 limes
1 can white corn
Avocado
1/2 cup Colby/Jack cheese
Salt & pepper
Vegetable Oil
4 soft tortillas

1. Cut the swordfish steak into bite-sized cubes. Place them in a bowl.


2. Squeeze in the juice of one lime. Add 1 Tbs. vegetable oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix well.


3. You can let this sit for up to 15 minutes, but I used it pretty much right away.

4. Place the cubes on a hot, ungreased grill pan and cook for 3 minutes and flip to cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.


5. Make a salsa by chopping the pepper, onion, cilantro and putting them in a bowl with and the drained can of white corn.


6. Squeeze over the juice of one lime, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix.


7. Cut avocado into cubes.


8. Warm tortilla by placing them in an ungreased frying pan on med-high heat for 30 seconds.

9. Build your tacos with swordfish bites, salsa, avocado, and cheese.

10. Devour.

2 comments: