Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sticky and Sweet Asian Cocktail Sausages

I am, for all intents and purposes, Nigella-obsessed. I imagine that she is super chic in real life (my sister actually met her at a book signing and I had to get a nightguard because I've been gnashing my teeth in jealousy ever since) and that her parties are super fun. In my own real life I am the polar opposite of super chic. I own a snuggie. But my parties are super fun. I had some lady friends over for a holiday cocktail party the other night and I wanted a few snacks that I could pop in the oven and broil up quickly for them. I wanted mostly to just be able to enjoy their company so I turned to my trusted friend Nigella. She loves cocktail sausages and so do I. Therefore, I made a my own version of the glazed sausages that she loves. I did mine with an Asian marinade. It is sticky and sweet, just as advertised. I loved these little nuggets and I hope that you do too. They are perfect for setting out at a Christmas afternoon lunch or New Years Eve party.
Sticky and Sweet Asian Cocktail Sausages
Ingredients:
1 package cocktail sausages (I used turkey sausages)
1/4 cup light soy
1/4 cup brown sugar
juice from 1/2 orange
1 Tbs. sriracha (or a few dashes of hot sauce)
1/2 piece fresh ginger
1. In the morning, combine the orange juice, soy, sugar, sriracha, and ginger (chopped coarsely) into a plastic baggie.
2. Add the sausages and allow them to sit in the liquid all day.
3. Heat the oven to 400 degrees and dump the sausages with the marinade onto a foil line baking sheet that has a rim (obviously so that the marinade doesn't go everywhere).
4. Bake for about 40 minutes, until sticky and heated through.
Serve with plenty of napkins and everyone will be happy as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment