Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Spicy Peach Sauce

When I made the Oven Jerk Chicken, I decided that I wanted something to serve alongside to give the dish a light, freshness and to make it pop even more. Enter spicy peach sauce. I wanted mango, but I was too lazy to go to the store and I had a peach on hand. To be honest, I'd suggest doubling this recipe, since we all went totally nuts for it. The hot sauce and cayenne are a great match for the sweetness of the peach. I used my off-brand Magic Bullet to blend the peach, but a blender or food processor will do the job as well. I also left the peach skin on: one part laziness and one part texture. This sauce was perfect with the chicken, but we all agreed that it would be equally great with fish or pork. I actually finished it off last night by topping a hot dog with it. I couldn't get enough. Go make this. What are you waiting for?Spicy Peach Sauce
Ingredients:
1 peach
1 lime
1 tsp. sugar
3 Tbs. hot sauce
dash cayenne pepper
1/2 small red onion
10 mint leaves
1. Slice the peach into rough chunks and put them in your blender along with sugar and the juice of the lime.
2. Blend into a very chunky puree.
3. Dice the onion into a fine dice. As fine as you can be bothered to chop it.
4. Add the onions, hot sauce, cayenne, and salt and stir to mix thoroughly.
5. Chop the mint, add, and mix well.
6. Taste for flavor and let this sit in the fridge for at least an hour so that the flavors can meld together.
Serve with your favorite chicken, pork, or fish.

2 comments:

  1. i like it so much i am even willing to tell people i like it in a public forum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone, make this immediately and dip everything in it.

    ReplyDelete