Monday, February 13, 2012

Spicy Adobo Turkey Burger

Turkey burgers are usually totally lame. I get it. But they are healthy, which is why we even bother messing with them at all. Look, if I want to treat myself to a burger, I'm going to hit up Ray's Hell Burger or somewhere else that has a big juicy beef patty. When I am trying to fix myself a nice weeknight dinner that isn't going to clog my arteries until next month, I turn to turkey. You have to load it up with adobo seasoning and a splash of beer to keep it flavorful and moist. I also love making it with pepper jack cheese to add another dimension of flavor and heat. The creamy avocado and crispy tomato are a must for texture and balancing out the heat. I really loved this burger in every way and I served it with a simple black bean salad and tortilla chips. Weeknight success story.Spicy Adobo Turkey Burger (makes 2 burgers)
Ingredients:
1/2 lb. ground turkey
1 Tbs. adobo seasoning (use garlic powder, oregano, and paprika if you don't have adobo)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1 Tbs. beer
1 Tbs. breadcrumbs
4 slices pepper jack cheese
2 buns
avocado, lettuce, and tomato for topping
1. In a large bowl, combine turkey meat, salt, spices, beer, and breadcrumbs and use your hands to combine well.
2. Form two patties and pat them out nice and flat in the center. Since this is a turkey burger, you will be cooking it all the way through so you don't want a thick center that will take forever to get done.
3. Brush each side of the patties with vegetable oil so that they don't stick.
4. Heat your grill pan or frying pan over high heat. Once the pan is hot, place your patties on the grill and turn down the heat to medium. Cook for 4 minutes.
5. Flip the bugger and cook for another 4 minutes. 6. Place the buns on your grill pan to toast and add the cheese slices to the burger. Cover for 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and the buns are toasty. 7. Prep some toppings like avocado slices, tomato slices, and lettuce for your burger.
8. Starting with you blank canvas...
Top with creamy avocado,
Tomato slices and lettuce.
Enjoy!

One Year Ago: Rosemary Roasted Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment