Friday, March 16, 2012

Chocolate Pretzel Shamrocks

I'll admit that my totally non-Irish heritage prevents me from getting all super green on St. Patty's Day. However, I do have a heritage steeped strongly in kitsch which prevents me from seeing things like these Chocolate Pretzel Shamrocks and walking away. I need to make them. Kitsch-i-ness is a hereditary disease that I got from my mother and I am a proud carrier. Plus, these little gems hit all my best snacking points. Sweet and salty with some carbs for good measure. They are very easy to make and super adorable. The perfect NCAA Tourney watching and green beer guzzling snack.
Chocolate Pretzel Shamrocks
Ingredients:
1 bag mini pretzels
1 bag Hersey Kisses
2 large bags M&Ms

1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and lay out your pretzels on a lined baking tray. Top the pretzels with Hersey Kisses.
2. Put the Kiss-topped-pretzels in the oven for 20 minuets or until the chocolate is soft and melted.
3. While they are in there, you need to pick out all the green M&Ms from your bag.
Another great "problem" with this recipe is the leftovers...
4. Take you finger and squish the chocolate down a little. Then you can easily plop 3 green M&Ms on top in a Shamrock pattern.
5. Put them in the fridge for 10 minutes to tighten up. You can store them in a large plastic baggie or Tupperware, but they won't last long!

One Year Ago: Irish Soda Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment