Friday, May 25, 2012

Dry Rub Baby Back Ribs

Every year for mother's day weekend, my dad takes a fishing trip.  As a man outnumbered by two daughters and his long-suffering wife :) he knows when it is time to get outta Dodge.  This frees us up to have a hyper girlie, mimosa-fueled weekend of pedicures, shopping, and eating ladylike snacks.  On Sunday afternoon, my sister and my mom said that they were going to pop out to the store and grab something for dinner.  I assumed that they would be bringing back some dainty cucumber tea sandwiches and a box of wine.  What they actually picked up was quite different...a full rack of baby back ribs.  Those two girls dropped the ribs on my lap, cracked open their box, and proceeded directly out to the deck to get their suntan on.  What to do, what to do?  I settled on a simple dry rub and then hit the grill.  My dad has a big gas grill, which I am not permitted to use...when he is at home.  When he is miles away in Lake Champlain, all bets are off.  He came back to my mom, sister, and I using his grill, which I'm sure took 12 years off his life.  Sorry dad!  I love you!
Dry Rub Baby Back Ribs
Ingredients:
1 rack baby back ribs
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1 Tbs. cayenne pepper
1 Tbs. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1.  Mix together all of the dry ingredients to make your rub.
2.  Rub it all over your ribs: top, bottom, and sides.  Then cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least an hour, but up to overnight.
Even after an house, you can see that the rub has brought out the moisture and really soaked into the meat.
3.  Heat the grill and place over indirect heat for 30 minutes.
4.  Then place the ribs gently on to direct heat and cook on each side for 15-20 minutes per side until you have a great, crisp crust.
5.  Remove the ribs and cover with foil to rest for 10 minutes.  Then use a sharp knife to break down the ribs into individual pieces.
Serve up and enjoy!

Oh and I have another little treat for you...the world's cutest Phillie's Phan!

One Year Ago: White "Breakfast" Sangria

No comments:

Post a Comment