2/3 cup butter (In the video I say 1/3 cup, but it is really 2/3)
2/3 cup sugar (In the video I say 1 cup - it is really 2/3)
zest and juice of 1/2 grapefruit
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup flour
1 Tbs. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup sour cream
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 Tbs. grapefruit juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Add grapefruit zest and egg.
3. Mix together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt and add to the mixer.
4. Add the sour cream and juice from 1/2 grapefruit.
5. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and fill 2/3 full with batter.
6. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until just beginning to turn golden brown.
7. Remove from the pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before glazing.
8. Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar with 2-3 Tbs. grapefruit juice and a pinch of salt.
9. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled baby cakes and enjoy!