Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Honey Herb Roasted Chicken
10. Remove from the oven and carefully remove the foil. Flip the chicken to breast side up. Brush the rest of the basting mixture evenly onto the top of the chicken.
12. Remove from the oven, remove the foil completely, and return the chicken to the oven. Reduce the heat to 375 degrees and roast for another 20 minutes until the skin is brown and crisp.
Watch the chicken carefully, as it can go from brown to black very quickly.
13. Remove chicken from the roasting pan to a cutting board and cover with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
15. Add ½ cup of white wine, ¼ cup of chicken broth, and 2 tbsp of honey to the pan. Whisk to blend. 16. Heat the sauce over medium to a light boil and let it simmer for about 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove the honey sauce from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
17. Carve the chicken. Drizzled each serving of meat with some of the honey sauce.
One Year Ago: Fried Green Tomatoes
Two Years Ago: Cornbread Stuffing with Leeks and Mushrooms