Friday, July 16, 2010

Gin and Snacks at New Heights

So we had a great cocktail and snacks night at New Heights in Woodley Park on Sunday. Apparently after a day of soccer, wings, Orange drinks, Caipirinhas, and Grolsches the thing that we all needed was just one more drink. We sat on the patio and tried the gin flights (in hindsight, perhaps a little too much for our already tipsy selves) and it was fantastic. There is a huge menu of many different gins and tonics to compliment them. The bartender was very knowledgeable of his gins and was nice, considering we were probably on the high end of the obnoxious scale.
The special appetizer was a soft shell crab that was plentiful and totally delicious. Crispy, meaty, and with a flavorful medley of veggies and a nice sauce.
We really loved the interesting charcuterie selections and we got the duck ham and lamb sopressata which were both very tasty. I've never had either before, so I have no point of reference, but I loved them.
However, the stand out of the night (other than the flowing gin drinks) was the Chicken Liver Parfait. Smooth as butter with a creamy, amazing chicken liver flavor. I couldn't stop eating it. I needed to be dragged from the table. I've been dreaming about it since Sunday. You should try the Chicken Liver Parfait if you can.
But still, the best part was the gin. We each tried 3 varieties and picked our favorites. I don't remember what I liked best/least now, but that just means that I should probably go back!
Head over to the patio of New Heights and give the gin and snacks a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment