Friday, September 24, 2010

Smores Mini-Cupcakes

There was a birthday in our office the day after I got back from my camping trip. It was my turn to bring in the birthday treat and even though I was totally bushed from all the outdoorsy activities, I just couldn't stand the idea of buying my birthday baked goods. I looked around the kitchen and saw that I had about 6 tons of leftover smores stuff. Chocolate, mallows, and graham crackers. I first tried to make marshmallow icing with the mallows and it was a TOTAL disaster. Congealed mess. Luckily I had plenty of plan B mallows to work with. I make chocolate cupcake mix and plopped a marshmallow right in there and sprinkled crumbled grahams on top. I thought they were pretty tasty, but they are also very sweet. I also sent some with Kelaine for her camping trip and I hope they enjoyed them out in the wild.
Smores Mini-Cupcakes
Ingredients:
1 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup sour cream
4oz. 60% cacao bar
2oz. (half a bar) milk chocolate
1/4 cup hot water
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup flour
1 bag small marshmallows
1/2 cup crushed graham crackers

1. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
2. Add eggs and egg yolks and continue to beat until incorporated and smooth.
3. Melt chocolates in the microwave for 1 minute.
4. Add chocolate and sour cream to the mixture and beat in until incorporated.
5. Slowly add baking soda, salt, and salt and beat until just combined. You don't want to over mix the flour.
6. Smash the graham crackers in a plastic baggie until finely crushed.
7. Fill your lined mini cupcake tins halfway up with batter. Add a marshmallow to each cup.
8. Sprinkle each with crumbled graham crackers.
9. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until the mallow is melted and the cupcake is cooked through.
Enjoy! Be nice and share them with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment