Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crock Pot Lamb Curry

This meal came out of desperation one day. I woke up early and was moving pretty slowly. We'd eaten out for the past few nights and I knew that I wanted to come home that night and lay on the couch. What was I going to eat? I rummaged through the fridge and the freezer and I discovered a baggie with 3 lamb shoulder chops that I'd saved after making lamb a few weeks ago. I did a little experiment and put the frozen chops right in the crock pot and let them cook on low all day. Turns out, this works perfectly. The lamb developed lots of great flavors and was ready to eat when we got home. It was falling off the bone tender. When I got home, the house smelled great, but I looked into the crock pot and I thought it needed a little green to perk it up. The sweet peas somehow balanced the strong lamb flavors and the spicy curry. I think I will try this next with some chicken. Crock pot Lamb Curry (serves 2)
Ingredients:
3 lamb shoulder chops
1 red onion
3 garlic cloves
1 light beer
1 Tbs. curry powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. honey
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2/3 cup frozen peas

1. Chop the onion and the garlic cloves roughly. 2. Place the frozen (or fresh, it will end up the same) chops into the crock pot. 3. Add the spices and the chopped vegetables. 4. Add your beer, put on the cover, and cook on low heat all day while you are at work.
5. When you get home, add the frozen peas and let them warm through, which will take about 5 minutes. I served it with cous cous and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment