Honey Almond Granola with Cherry Craisins
4 cups rolled oats
6 oz. sliced almonds
7 oz. shredded coconut
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
6 oz. craisins (cherry if you want)
1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, sugar, salt, oil, and honey. Mix them together with a spoon or with your hands (even better) until well combined.2. Spread them out over a rimmed baking tray that you sprayed with non-stick spray.
3. Bake in a 375 degree oven. Every 15 minutes or so, you are going to need to take the granola out and toss the granola so that it bakes evenly.
See how it gets more brown at the edges. Shake that up so that it all gets nice and toasted.
4. After about 45 minutes your granola should be quite evenly light brown and toasty. Remove the tray from the oven.
5. Return the granola to a large bowl and add the craisins.
6. Allow the granola to cool and store in an airtight container or large plastic freezer bag.
Sorry about the grainy pictures. I was on the go while I was getting brunch all layed out!