Monday, November 28, 2011

Honey-Chipotle Salmon

We spent Thanksgiving in beautiful southern New Jersey and we feasted like no other. My mom brought the house down with her amazing turkey, stuffing, mashies, and all the fabulous sides. The pecan pie to finish was my favorite. Then for Act Two, I had a Pumpkin Pecan pie at Mark's house and it was sensational. His mom made a pumpkin pie and topped it with pecans. Brilliant. I also shopped til I dropped and bought lots of fun stuff for the house and a bunch of Christmas decorations. Only problem is that I feel in the spirit when I don't even need a coat to walk around the neighborhood. In times like this, my tastebuds are all confused. A great dinner in times like this is always seafood. It transcends seasons in a way. I made this salmon with a honey-chipotle glaze and I couldn't get enough. This is seriously great. I served it with a side dish of 1 cup of cooked cous cous mixed with a can of drained black beans (fun and yum). Give this spicy and sweet dish a try and I hope you like it too. Honey-Chipotle Salmon
Ingredients:
.75 lb. salmon
1 chipotle pepper
1 tsp. adobe sauce (from the chipotle can)
1 Tbs. honey
juice from 1/2 lime
salt and pepper
olive oil
1. Remove the chipotle from the can, give it a fine dice and scoop it into a bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with honey, lime juice, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3. Generously salt and pepper the salmon.
3. In a frying pan, heat 1 Tbs. oil (vegetable or olive) over medium high heat until nice and hot. Then lay the salmon, flesh-side-down, in the hot pan.
4. Cook for 4 minutes and flip for another 4 minutes.
5. Remove the salmon and place it into a foil-lined baking dish. Pour the glaze over the salmon and place the dish into a reheated 400 degree oven.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
I like mine to be about medium - cooked through with a nice little hint of pink in the center.
Serve with your favorite side dish for a very delicious dinner.


One Year Ago: Leftover Turkey Chili

No comments:

Post a Comment