I know you don't need a recipe for dipping pretzels in chocolate, but if, like me, you took a look at your remaining Christmas cookies and realized that you'd eaten most of them, you might be in need of a way to spruce up your Christmas cookie platter. At this stage in the game, going to the store, getting the needed ingredients, and whipping up another batch of cookies may seem daunting. Fear not, for lo, I bring you glad tidings. These chocolate covered pretzels are a Christmas miracle. They are easy to make (obviously) - you can get the ingredients you need at almost any CVS and most importantly, everyone loves them. You can't go wrong. I highly recommend putting these out for people to nibble while they are singing Christmas carols and enjoying your merry cheer.
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
1 bag of pretzel rods
2 bags chocolate chips
fun sprinkles for decorating
1. Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave.
2. Transfer the chocolate to a narrow, plastic cup (this will make dipping much easier).
3. Dip your rods about 2/3 in chocolate and set them on a parchment or plastic wrap lined cookie sheet.
Make sure to give the rods a little shake to shake off the excess chocolate. The salt will really allow lots of chocolate to adhere and you don't want them looking like fat chocolate corn dogs!
4. Apply your decorations. I like sprinkles, mini M&Ms, and crushed cookies.
5. Allow to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes and enjoy. You can wrap them up in little baggies for individual gifts.