Monday, December 26, 2011

Cream Cheese Penguins

This is beyond the cutest thing that I have ever seen. Seriously. My cousin Jess had us over for Christmas Eve snacks and drinks (extra special thanks to Ed for the fab White Cosmos) and the first thing I saw on the table were these adorable and delicious little treats. I think that they would be perfectly festive for any winter party, but really great for New Years Eve appetizers. They look easy to make and you can make them up in advance and people just gobble them up.
Cream Cheese Penguins
Ingredients:
Cream Cheese
Black Olives
Carrots

Roll your cream cheese into balls, slice the olives and plop them around to make wings and a head. Add a little sliver of carrot for the nose and you are all set.
You can also mix it up by mixing in other cheeses, using other soft cheese, like mini baby bells or something. And you could also consider rolling the cream cheese around capers, pimentos, or roasted red peppers to give it an added kick.
I will be making these for NYE for sure!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! (Although putting something red on the inside might be off-putting unless you have a dark sense of humor.)

    ReplyDelete