Friday, December 30, 2011

Ginger-Lemon Saketini

I'm not a big martini gal. Too rich for my blood. I'll have my white wine with an ice cube, if you please. But for the New Year, I will make an exception. I want something special with a serious kick to jolt me happily on my way into the end of the Mayan calendar. I also really like sake. It cuts the harshness of the martini and the subtle hint of ginger and lemon round it out nicely. If you are looking for something fun, strong, and different for your New Years table, this should be it. Have a very happy New Year from Corcoran Street Kitchen!!
Ginger-Lemon Saketini
Ingredients:
2 parts gin
1 part sake
1 inch piece ginger
1 slice lemon

1. Prep the lemon and ginger by slicing the ginger into pieces and slicing a piece of lemon.
2. If you want to garnish with lemon zest (and why wouldn't you?) zest the lemon as well.
3. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add gin and sake.
4. Add the lemon and ginger pieces and shake, shake, shake.
5. Pour into a waiting glass and top with zest and a lemon slice for garnish.
Although I will most likely not make it to midnight (see below), I will do my best to make it to one or two of these cocktails before I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment