1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 box of your favorite spaghetti pasta (I like linguine)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
salt and pepper
1. Slice your tomatoes in half and place in a large bowl. Also, boil water and cook your pasta to al dente while you are making the crispy tomatoes.
2. Toss with breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, 3 Tbs olive oil, 1 Tbs. of the Parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3. Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with non-stick spray and dump the tomatoes on top.
4. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes until the tomatoes begin to get crispy.
5. Toss the rest of the Parmesan with the crispy tomatoes together on the hot pan. This will melt the cheese just a bit before tossing it with the pasta.
6. Toss the tomatoes together with pasta and a healthy drizzle of olive oil. Serve up and top with a fried egg if you want to take it over the top.
One Year Ago: Ropa Vieja