We survived our very first snowfall at our new house this weekend and our first overnight visit from Mark's mom and dad. We braved the cold for a fantastic dinner at Marvin and we took them to visit the scenic and beautiful Rhode Island Ave Home Depot. All this excitement really worked up an appetite. Speaking of which, this a simple and delicious chicken dish for any weeknight meal. By paring down the ingredient list to only the essentials, you get an intense lemony flavor and you can very easily make this meal any time of year. This makes two generous dinner portions and I served it with lima beans and a simple salad. It is healthy too! Wonders never cease.Lemon Chicken
2 bone-in chicken breasts
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 cup dry white wine
salt and pepper
1. Wash and pat your chicken breasts dry. Sprinkle with salt,pepper,and thyme.
2. In an oven-safe pan, heat about 3 Tbs. olive oil over medium high heat until hot. Sear the chicken breasts on each side until they are nicely brown (about 5minutes per side).
3. Slice one lemon into discs and slice the other lemon in half (to juice it).
4. Turn off the heat and juice the lemon into the pan and add the wine. Place the lemon slices all around the chicken breast and on top of it.
5. Cover with a lid or foil and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the meat reaches 165 degrees.
6. Remove chicken from the pan and put the pan back on the stove at medium heat to let the juices reduce for 5 minutes while the chicken rests.
7. Serve the chicken and sauce and enjoy./s1600/017.JPG">Look at how juicy!
One Year Ago: Refried Black Beans