Monday, March 5, 2012

Creamy White Bean Dip

It is no secret that I love to have my friends (and coworkers...and Alex) over to our house for dinner. Nothing makes me happier than serving a big meal to my friends and having them tell me how amazing I am. I've picked up a few very easy appetizers along the way because I like to set something simple out for people to nosh on before dinner so that they don't pester me in the kitchen. What I do not like to do, is spend more on a plate of prosciutto and cheese than I spent on the entree. This white bean dip is one of the easiest things that I make and it is one of the biggest crowd pleasers. It is also a wallet pleaser. This same amount of dip ready made at the store would be 3x as expensive. I also think that it is very healthy. We all know that beans, beans are good for our heart, so this really is the perfect snack. Another money saving tip Creamy White Bean Dip
Ingredients:
1 can white beans
1 lemon
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 Tbs. water
salt and pepper

1. Drain and rinse the beans and dump them into the bowl of your food processor.
2. Juice your lemon and coarsely chop your garlic.
3. Add lemon juice, garlic, and a sprinkle of 1/2 tsp. salt and a dash of pepper to the blender.
4. Blend until smooth. If you need to add water to get to your desired consistency, add 1 Tbs. at a time until you reach a nice, creamy dip.
5. I like to serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of pepper on top. I serve with crackers, chips, or thin slices of cucumber for dipping.
One Year Ago: Rosemary, Garlic, Caper Rubbed Lamb Chops

2 comments: