Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spicy Honey Butter for Corn

This Spicy Honey Butter is not meant to be used for fresh, perfect-as-it-is summer corn. It is for those sad-ish ears that you see around now. I get so excited to see corn, because to me it means that summer is just around the corner. Then I bring back the ears and am a bit disappointed in their quality (see the picture below with the squirly ends). Nothing will pep them right into shape like this spicy honey butter. It adds a perfect compliment to the natural sweetness and gives a fun kick. We made this to go with some ears last weekend and it was a big hit. I'll probably even set some out with the best ears of the season, even though I will probably ignore it then.
Spicy Honey Butter for Corn
Ingredients:
2 ears of corn
3 Tbs. unsalted butter
1 Tbs. honey
1/2 tsp. pepper flakes (I have Chipotle ones that I like to use)
1/4 tsp. salt

1. Either start out with very soft butter or nuke your butter for 10-15 seconds in the mircrowave to get it nice and soft.
2. Add the honey and the pepper flakes and salt. Stir until well combined.
3. My prefered corn cooking tecnique is soaking the whole, in-hull ears in water for 30 minutes and then putting the wet ears right on the hot grill. You let them cook for about 20 minutes total, turning frequently. They will be charred outside and cooked perfectly inside. 4. The hull and corn hair will peel off easily and you will be able to slather it with your spicy-honey butter. Done and done.
One Year Ago: Honey Almond Granola with Cherry Craisins

No comments:

Post a Comment