1 package strawberries
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
4 egg whites
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 stick butter
1/4 cup of milk
1 lemon (zest and juice)
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the eggs and egg whites and continue to whip until well combined and fluffy. Then turn down to low speed and alternate adding flour and strawberry blend until they are both incorporated.
5. Divide the batter between 24 paper cups.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until cooked through but still moist.
7. Cream together the very soft butter and confectioner sugar. Add the lemon zest and juice and continue to whip together until incorporated. Add in the milk slowly while continuing to whip together until the frosting has the proper consistency. I like to put the frosting in a large freezer bag to pipe it onto the cupcakes.
8. When the cupcakes are fully cooled, frost the strawberry babies with the lemon frosting.
One Year Ago: Tarragon and Mustard Roasted Fish