Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Apricot and Blue Cheese Crostini

I have great taste in friends. This great taste is culminated in my best friend, Lauren.  Not only is she totally fab in general, but she is a fantastic cook as well.  She made this super simple and elegant appetizer while I was visiting her and Pepper this past weekend.  What I love so much about this appetizer is that it is the perfect combination of slightly sweet and savory.  The apricot jam and blue cheese have enough complexity that they can stand alone in this appetizer.  It is also no-bake, which makes it ideal for the hot summer.  And it is the perfect accompaniment for a crisp white wine - another summer staple.  I am off to the store this afternoon to get the ingredients to make this for myself tomorrow, when it will surely be too hot to turn on the stove.  Delicious treat with my favorite lady...what could be better?
Apricot and Blue Cheese Crostini
Ingredients:
1 loaf french bread
1/2 cup jar apricot jam
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

1. Slice french bread into crostini slices and top each one with about 1 tsp. of apricot jam.
 
2. Sprinkle each apricot-topped crostini with about 1 tsp. blue cheese.
Serve up and enjoy!
Note:  I am not feeding my neice Pepper an Apricot and Blue Cheese Crostini.  I am feeding her a Dog Biscuit for Pepper that I made especially for her!

One Year Ago: Sour Cream and Lemon Pancakes
Two Years Ago: Lauren's Chicken Chile Rellenos (These are AMAZING!)

No comments:

Post a Comment