Friday, May 20, 2011

Roasted Sweet Potato Spears

You either are a sweet potato frech fry kind of person or you aren't. We are a house divided. I love them. They make Mark sad. These baked sweet potato "spears" were a kind of compromise. I ended up eating most (read: all) of them, but that was OK with me. I loved them. They are so simple and since you cut them into thinner strips, they cook up rather quickly. They are a nice change of pace from the usual starch. These won't get super crispy since they aren't fried. They will be soft with a golden crunch. I'm adding them to my Mark-has-a-soccer-game-tonight-so-I-get-to-watch-the-Real-Housewives-and-eat-whatever-I-want repetiore.
Roasted Sweet Potato Spears
Ingredients:
6 very small sweet potatoes (or fewer large ones...obviously)
olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. I usually hate peeling and can't be bothered, but sweet potatoes do have a rather thick skin. Better to get rid of it.
2. Slice them into spears and lay them out on a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss them together to coat everything evenly.
4. Bake in a hot oven (450 degrees) for 30 minutes or so until they are brown and golden and also cooked through. You can shake them around about halfway through for more even browning.
Pile them high on a plate and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. How can sweet potato fries make anyone sad??? They are delicious!

    ReplyDelete