Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chicken Pesto Burgers

These burgers were born out of desperation.  Mark and I are in the process of a little DIY bathroom renovation.  Why?  Because I am a crazy person and Mark is too scared of me to say no.  True love :)  While our new bathroom might look totally fabulous NOW...this weekend it was a frightful mess.  We were super hungry and all I had in the fridge was a package of ground chicken (Side Note:  My best buddie, Lauren made this with ground turkey and loved it too).  What could I make with this that would be satisfying, delicious, and quick?  Then I remembered that I have a bag of frozen pesto in my freezer for emergencies.  This was an emergency.  These burgers turned out to be totally fabulous.  Pesto is one of my favorite flavors.  You can buy it already made up in the store or use your favorite homemade recipe.  Combined with the ground chicken, these burgers were moist, full of flavor and very satisfying.  Perfect dinner!  This made 5 patties.  We ate 3 that night and froze the other two.
Chicken Pesto Burgers
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
1/4 cup pesto
1 hot red pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese 
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. white wine
2 Tbs. panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
Buns
1.  Dump pesto into a large bowl.
2.  Chop up spicy pepper and add to pesto.
3.  Combine all of the rest of the ingredients together in your bowl and mix with a fork or your hands until well combined.
4.  Form into patties.  You want them to be on the thin side, since they are chicken and you need to cook them totally through.
5.  Grill on a grill pan, frying pan, or your grill for 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
6.  Remove and set on your awaiting, toasted buns.
7.  We topped with Dijon mustard and arugula to finish off the burgers.  I bet they would be even better with mozzarella cheese too!
Yum, yum, yum.

One Year Ago: Choros a la Chalaca
Two Years AgoHeavy Duty Pork Spareribs

No comments:

Post a Comment