Friday, January 4, 2013

Roasted Shrimp Dinner for One

When you find yourself with an evening alone, house to yourself, and dinner on your mind, why not make a tasty meal and treat yourself? Eating alone is one of my favorite things. I get to veg out on the couch, unselfconsciously shoveling mass quantities of food in my face at warp speed.  Why should I settle for something boring when it is so easy to make myself something totally delicious.  I always have a bag of frozen shrimp in my freezer for occasions like this and I love to make a simple shrimp and pasta dish to keep my happy and cozy while I indulge in my trashy housewives shows.  The sharp citrus from the lemon and the spice from the pepper flakes is a great combination for a satisfying meal.
Roasted Shrimp Dinner for One
12-18 medium shrimp (can be frozen)
1/2 lemon
1/4 tsp. dried thyme (or any herb you like)
red pepper flakes
1 Tb.s olive oil
salt and pepper
1/4 lb. pasta

1.  Preheat oven to 375 and boil water for pasta.
2.  Lay shrimp on a foil-lined baking sheet and toss with 1 Tbs. olive oil, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes (to taste), thyme, and salt and pepper.
3.  Slice the lemon and toss the lemon slices with the shrimp.
3.  Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and no longer translucent.
4.  While shrimp are cooking, also cook the pasta.
5.  When shrimp and pasta are finished, toss everything together (sans lemon slices) in a large bowl and enjoy!
One Year Ago: Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Dreidels
Two Years Ago: Weeknight Smashed Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment