Monday, November 17, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

After a months long hiatus and a new-found love of power tools has kept me from my kitchen, I figured it was only right to update before Thanksgiving with all of my favorite recipes for this grandest of eating days. This is a list of the fun CSK posts from over the past few years that should give you some inspiration for Thanksgiving. Most important...even though you are legally obligated to spend the day with your family, try to have fun!

Turkey:
Herb-Butter Rubbed Roasted Turkey

Starchy Sides:
Vegetables Sides:
Death by Chocolate (a great pie alternative for Chocolate lovers)

Drink:
I like to keep things simple with a crisp, acidic, dry white wine with Thanksgiving dinner.  Keeps me perky and happy through the whole ordeal.  Look for a Sauvignon Blanc or Chenin Blanc if you are feeling normal and a Viongier, steel aged Chardonnay, or Gewurztraminer if you are feeling feisty.  For those who like red, I also enjoy a nice, light Pinot Noir for the meal.

More importantly, I love to serve a bottle of Cava or some fruity, sparkling wine for appetizers.  It perks up the appetite and makes it feel like a special occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment